Sunday, August 1, 2010

RSS Pressure

Please tell me that there is no technology gap between my brain and technology because it certainly felt that something was not connecting. I watched the video 4 or more times before I really understood what they were trying to tell me. He was not teaching me how to share a document but just how to subscribe to a particular website and there I was trying to use the information to also figure out how to share a document with others.
PRESSURE!
Can you imagine how the man’s humming happily at the beginning of the video started to irritate me? Why was he so happy and I so frustrated? Obviously I began to fast forward that part. I sang my lecturer’s name in different keys. Hey, I still appreciate what was taught and their efforts, do not get me wrong.
It took me all of 2 hours before I succeeded, thankfully of course.
I became ambitious because I thought that this aspect of the course was not that clear to me. I therefore perceived that the best way to learn this was by doing it.
Since I already had a Google Account I chose to use Google Reader and experiment with this RSS Feed.
What must be understood though about the more mature (not old) generation like me and computers is that if in an illustration an icon is shown as orange, then for goodness sake keep the item orange in the real life example too! Here I am looking for an orange icon only to realise two hours afterward that it is blue like most of the page and thus harder to find.
What was the hidden curriculum? Persistence paid off and it is really quite simple in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment